Friday

His Birthday Part 3

     We got to the doctors office and thanked the wonderful woman for rescuing us. She told me that I was a good friend to LM and I said that I was her mother. The woman said I looked too young. What an angel!

     Anyway, LM went in for her exam, came out and said that the doctor told her to go across the street and check right in to the hospital. She was in labor. This happened at about 11:45 pm. We called my son and he took a cab right there from work. He promised her he'd be there with her till it was time.

     Her pains became more intense and they eventually gave her the pain management she was promised. at about 4:30 pm she was miserable and my son and I left the room while her doctor went in to examine her. She was at stage 2 when we got to the hospital. Before the doctor went in she was at a 5.

     My son and I were talking to her doctors partner out in the hall and she told us it could be another 9 hours or so for the labor and another 2 for the pushing. No sooner did she finish that sentence when the other doctor came out of LMs room and said she's complete, meaning it's time to push.
Photobucket
     My son didn't want to be there for the actual birth and LM agreed. I stayed with her while equipment and more doctors and nurses came into the room. She started pushing and by 5:04 she had delivered an 18 inch, 5 lb. 5 oz. baby boy, complete with just the right number of limbs and fingers and toes.
Photobucket

0 comments: