Friday

His Birthday Part 2

We got about half way to the doctors office when the tire went completely flat. She pulled the car into the nearest lot and we all got out. She got the spare out of the trunk and the jack. The jack didn't look right to me like it was missing the flat top part. My neighbor attempted to jack up the car and LM in an effort to help her got down on the pavement and looked to see what was happening under the car. The metal on the car was bending so LM told my neighbor to stop while she called the doctors office to let them know she'd be late.
     The doctors office told her they were closing early that day and if she didn't get there in 15 minutes she would have to reschedule for another day. My daughter was ready to call a cab when a woman we'd never seen before pulled up and asked if we needed some help. I explained to the woman that I thought LM was in labor and was on her way to the doctor. The woman said she'd be glad to take us the rest of the way.

0 comments: